    SubjectRe: ide-cd doesn't replace ide-scsi?
    Date
    On Tuesday 29 November 2005 15:23, Jens Axboe wrote:
    > On Tue, Nov 29 2005, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
    > > > Unfortunately using ide-cd still doesn't have the code set to allow all
    > > > burning features to work if you are not root. Even if you have
    > > > read+write there's one command you need to do multi-session which is
    > > > only allowed to root. Works fine for single sessions, I guess that's
    > > > all someone uses.
    > >
    > > Interesting because both drivers ide-cd and sr+ide-scsi use exactly
    > > the same code (block/scsi_ioctl.c) to verify which commands don't
    > > need root privileges. Care to give details?
    >
    > Not if he is using /dev/sgX with ide-scsi, only SG_IO through /dev/srX
    > will go through the block/scsi_ioctl.c path.

    Actually, growisofs refuses to work with anything but a block device-- so it's
    using /dev/sr1. So apparently something else is up, since ide-cd errors, yet
    ide-scsi does not.

    Apparently, ide-scsi isn't working either though, just a different problem:
    the burning *appears* to work (I get status info, and the drive seems to do
    something), but the disc ends up unburned and empty. Has anyone successfully
    burned a dual layer disc? I'm using a BenQ DW1620 drive.
    --
    Luke-Jr
    Developer, Utopios