SubjectRe: First steps towards making NO_IRQ a generic concept
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:20:59PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> ok, understood. I'm wondering, why is there any need to do a PCI_NO_IRQ?
> Why not just a generic NO_IRQ. It's not like we can or want to make them
> different in the future. The interrupt vector number is a generic thing
> that attaches to the platform via request_irq() - there is nothing 'PCI'
> about it. So the PCI layer shouldnt pretend it has its own IRQ
> abstraction - the two are forcibly joined. The same goes for
> pci_valid_irq() - we should only have valid_irq(). Am i missing
> anything?

The last patch in this vein will delete PCI_NO_IRQ, replacing it with
NO_IRQ. To make that final patch small, I wanted to introduce an
abstraction that PCI drivers could use. Possibly it's not well thought
out. Do you think we should put in the explicit compares against
PCI_NO_IRQ as we find drivers that care and then do a big sweep when we
think we've found them all?

  Last update: 2005-11-03 18:09    [W:0.057 / U:0.564 seconds]