    SubjectRe: cx88 totally fried in 2.6.15-rcX -was- Re: HD3000 - no NTSC via tuner
    On Tuesday 29 November 2005 11:06, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >>>And I should add that 2.6.14, any version without the cvs update,
    >>> works perfectly in ntsc here. I have to atsc signals available.
    >>Would you mind trying to install the cvs modules on top of 2.6.14,
    >> using the instructions that I gave you last night? This will confirm
    >> once and for all whether your problems are due to a v4l regression,
    >> or an upstream regression in 2.6.15.
    >Yes, I can do that. I can also confirm that its still borked in -rc3.

    Turns out I'd borked the linkages in /lib/modules/2.6.14 with a
    previous attempt, so I'm rebuilding 2.6.14 first in order to restore the
    linakges. The cvs build is slow, is the -j=1 in the Makefile? Or do I
    need to spec that on the cli? I've forgotten. Anyway, its done, so a
    reboot is coming up.

    And its broken in the same manner for 2.6.14 + cvs. I tried to do a
    screen snapshot but the tvtime window was blank in the snapshot.
    Didn't we used to have a snapshotter that grabbed only the window with
    ficus way back when?

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.36% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-11-29 18:09    [W:0.022 / U:7.704 seconds]