    SubjectPC speaker beeping on high CPU loads on an nForce2

    on an nForce2 system (GigaByte 7NNXP) when the CPU is under heavy load
    (like during kernel compilation for instance, or any compilation of any
    bigger project, for that matter), I hear some beeps comming out of the PC
    speaker. It's like few short beeps per second for a while, then silence
    for few seconds, then a beep here and there, and again, and so on. It is
    quite strange. It happens ever since I remember (I mean in kernel
    versions of course, I have the board for about 1.5 years). I've just been
    kind of ignoring it until now. Does anybody else happen to see the same
    symptoms? What could be the cause of this. Is it something about timing?
    But how come the PC speaker gets kiced in, while it's not being used at
    all (well, at least not intentionally) for anything. Perhaps something is
    writing some ports it is not supposed to?

      Last update: 2005-11-27 04:26    [W:0.049 / U:0.340 seconds]