SubjectRe: PI BUG with -rt13
On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 08:56:06PM -0800, david singleton wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2005, at 12:32 PM, Dinakar Guniguntala wrote:
>
> >>I just noticed with the above fix, Paul's testcase completely
> >>hangs up and when killed I hit the BUG mentioned below.
> >>Till -rt13, this testcase just ran to completion
> >
> >Forgot to mention that I notice the same failure with -rt15 as well
>
> Good news and bad news.
> Good news. This test doesn't exercise the robust futex code.
> Pthread mutexes that want priority queuing, priority inheritance and/or
> robustness must have either the robust (PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST_NP)
> attribute set and/or the PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT attribute set at mutex
> creation time.

Davi, Thank you for looking into this

Yes, this particular testcase does not exercise the robust futex code.
However, the testcase only hangs when I apply your fix on top of
-rt13. A Vanilla -rt13 works fine

> Now a question before the bad news, Are you in the OOM path when you
> think the system is hung? What does 'top' say about freemem and
> available and used swap space?

Since one of the threads is a SCHED_FIFO, the system takes forever
to respond to simple commands like ls/ps. I'll get back on this

> If you are not in the OOM path then the bad news is this looks like an
> SMP timer problem.

-Dinakar

  Last update: 2005-11-25 08:31    [W:0.050 / U:0.208 seconds]