SubjectRe: Resume from swsusp stopped working with 2.6.14 and 2.6.15-rc1
Date
Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> writes:

>> > Well, I do not think this problem will surface again. It is first
>> > failure in pretty long time. If it happens again, I'll take your
>> > patch.
>>
>> If so, could you please make it printk() a message after the timeout has
>> passed? This way the user will know what's going on at least.
>
> We do have messages there, they even tell you name of process that was
> not stopped. That's enough to debug failure quickly.

I don't think so. The example said

"Strange, kseriod not stopped"

This names a process that admittedly took a long time to stop, but not
the real *cause* of the failure. There was nothing wrong with kseriod.

FWIW, debugging this was way out of my league. I might have had a
better chance if it mentioned a short, fixed timeout. I also noticed
that it wasn't very obvious to you either at first. The first thought
was a failing serio driver, although that admittedly might be because
I mislead you in my attempt to pinpoint the failure.

But my first post in this thread *did* include the printk() you
mention above, so it should have been possible to debug it quickly...

Bjørn

  Last update: 2005-11-23 11:15    [W:0.822 / U:0.016 seconds]