    SubjectRe: Christmas list for the kernel
    On 11/22/05, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On 11/22/05, Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:
    > > Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@gmail.com> wrote:

    > > > Andrew Morton said it: "He suggested this may indicate that the kernel
    > > > is nearing completion. "Famous last words, but the actual patch volume
    > > > _has_ to drop off one day," said Morton. "We have to finish this thing
    > > > one day."
    > > >
    > > > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39221942,00.htm
    > > >

    > > I was wrong, as usual. The trend at http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/x.jpg is,
    > > I think, being maintained.
    >
    > I wonder what that would look like if you pull Adrian Bunk's changes
    > out. He is generating thousands of lines of patches (they're good
    > patches but they don't add features).

    A change is a change. You might as well pull out the ppc{32,64} ->
    powepc stuff if you're simply looking for new shiny features. Alot of
    that stuff is "just change". Andrew's chart is tracking change, not
    new features.

    josh

      Last update: 2005-11-23 02:39    [W:0.021 / U:91.656 seconds]