SubjectRe: e1000 82571 Packet Splitting
Jesse Brandeburg wrote:

>this should be on netdev.
>
>On 11/22/05, Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey@soleranetworks.com> wrote:
>

>>I have noted that the e1000 driver is now supporting DMA splitting of
>>the packet header and payload into separate pages. I also noticed
>>that none of the config options enable it. Is anyone using this feature
>>at present and has it even been tested on Linux?
>>

>The 6.2.15 driver off http://prdownloads.sf.net/e1000 will enable it
>by default. We've gone through our release approval, which includes
>quite a bit of testing.
>If the patches posted recently don't include that support, I missed
>something :-)
>
>This is only on the 82571 and greater hardware that packet split is
>supported, BTW.

Got it. I am merging packet capture support into the e1000 for DSFS for
direct cache DMA support. I noticed the two distinct fill routines
for the ring buffer. I have enabled DSFS for both with this driver. I
will post patches late tonight or in the morning for the 82571 support
for DSFS. I will
also be posting the patches for 2.6.12, 2.6.10. 2.6.14, Suse 9 and 10.0,
Red Hat ES/AS 3 and 4, and Fedora Core 2/3/4 by end of week with the
packet splitting capabilities with packet capture on DSFS. This is a
very good optimization and should come in handy for reducing header copies
in the protocol stacks.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-11-23 00:55    [W:0.063 / U:0.508 seconds]