    SubjectRe: [RFC] Small PCI core patch

    Le Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:01:41 -0800, Greg KH a écrit :

    > If you, or your company is relying on closed source kernel modules, your
    > days are numbered. And what are you going to do, and how are you going
    > to explain things to your bosses and your customers, if possibly,
    > something like this patch were to be accepted?
    Why not make a crappy GPL driver that just export again
    the symbols ?

    pci_bus_read_config_byte_binary (....)

    Also why as an embeded company I can't remove the licence check in the
    kernel I provide to my custommers.

    No software tricks could force the company to use GPL because GPL allows
    you to remove or short-cut these tricks.

    Only the law can do something about softwares that don't comply to GPL
    It would be great if big companies that use Linux (OSDL, IBM, ...)
    proposes a poll of lawyers which could do something like gpl-violations
    (check if some softwares violate the GPL, if yes contact the copyright
    holders, and if the developpers accept represent them).

      Last update: 2005-11-22 19:34    [W:0.021 / U:21.720 seconds]