    SubjectRe: [RFC] Small PCI core patch
    Jeff Garzik wrote:

    >On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 06:14:56PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
    >>You exaggerate. Windows drivers work well enough in Windows (or so I
    >>presume). One just has to implement the environment these drivers
    >>expect, very carefully.
    >I exaggerate nothing -- we have real world experience with ndiswrapper
    >and similar software, which is exactly the same model you proposed, is
    >exactly the same model that has created all sorts of technical, legal,
    >and political problems.
    I agree that the legal and political problems are real. I offered two
    solutions to the technical problems.

    However the situation with video drivers is already bad, and
    deteriorating. I had to hunt on the Internet to get my recent (FC4)
    distro to support my low-end embedded video (via). In the future it
    looks like even that won't work.

    >Dumb with a capital 'D'.
    I hope you have a better solution.

      Last update: 2005-11-22 17:43    [W:0.020 / U:44.552 seconds]