    SubjectRe: Kernel - Hard link count is wrong
    On Sunday 20 November 2005 4:14 pm, Massimiliano Hofer wrote:

    > I'll write back as soon as possible with more tests.

    I'm back. First of all I beg your pardon for blaming, I forgot I
    rebooted with
    A cursory check of the mailing list and the changelog doesn't show any obvious
    change in 2.6.14 that would solve this, but I may be overlooking something.

    Anyway I couldn't reproduce the bug in, but it is easily reproducible
    with Adding and removing a 8139too PCMCIA card I managed to get this

    find: WARNING: Hard link count (5) is wrong for /proc/bus/pci: this may be a
    bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf
    option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should
    have been searched.

    Compiling pcmcia in the kernel (but leaving yenta and 8139too as a module) I
    never get errors on /proc/bus, but I get the same results on /proc/bus/pci.
    It seems a broader hotplug problem. Of corse it could be already solved in
    2.6.14, as I can't reproduce it.

    Massimiliano Hofer

      Last update: 2005-11-20 19:30    [W:0.019 / U:5.388 seconds]