    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.15-rc2
    On Sunday 20 November 2005 12:02, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >On Sunday 20 November 2005 00:18, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >>On Saturday 19 November 2005 22:40, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    >>>There it is (or will soon be - the tar-ball and patches are still
    >>>uploading, and mirroring can obviously take some time after that).
    >>First breakage report, tvtime, blue screen no audio. Trying slightly
    >>different .config for next build. My tuner (OR51132) seems to be
    >>permanently selected in an xconfig screen. Dunno if thats good or bad
    >Update, I may be sticking my finger in the dike and hollering wolf or
    >however that old saw goes. I've now rebooted to 3 kernels where tvtime
    >was known to work, but it doesn't. Turning off the signal detection
    >shows that all I'm getting is some sort of digital noise. So its time
    >to drag in another receiver and see if its the DISH convertor or my
    >More later when I've done that.

    Ok, the Dish is working. My tv card, a pcHDTV-3000, worked less than 5
    minutes before I rebooted to 2.6.15-rc2 from, and now it
    doesn't even when booted back to These were not powerdown
    reboots so that may have a bearing on this.

    That leaves two possibilities.
    1) The card has died (doubtfull)
    2) something in the i2c probing for 2.6.15-rc2 put it into some odd
    mode, from which tvtime seems unable to recover from.

    I'd turned on the nxt-200x stuff and have now turned it off, which was
    the only diff in an lsmod listing between the boots. If that module
    does something to the card as it inits, how can I undo that?

    Comments anyone?

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.36% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-11-20 18:39    [W:0.022 / U:40.400 seconds]