SubjectRe: New (now current development process)
    Linus> No, I think that's a lost cause.

Linus> It doesn't grow by 700 bytes once in a while. It grows by
Linus> much more, and much more often. And we can't fight it that
Linus> way, that's just not going to work. Maybe have something
Linus> that tracks individual object file sizes and shames people
Linus> into not growing them..

I think we're actually agreeing. My kmalloc/kzalloc patch is a cute
hack but magic tricks like that aren't going to shrink the kernel by
very much and it's probably not worth merging complications like that.

The way to a smaller kernel is for a lot of people to do a lot of hard
work and look at where we can trim fat.

For your last suggestion, maybe someone can automate running Andi's
bloat-o-meter? I think the hard part is maintaining comparable configs.

- R.