    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rc1-mm1
    Date
    On Friday 18 November 2005 20:26, Greg KH wrote:
    > On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 08:24:33PM -0500, Ed Tomlinson wrote:

    > > > For Debian? I have no idea as I do not use it :)
    > > >
    > > > For general udev issues/queries try the linux-hotplug-devel mailing
    > > > list.
    > > >
    > > > Oh, and are you sure you actually have the proper module loaded?
    > >
    > > Think only the mousedev module is not loaded. Once I modprobe it the mouse works
    > > and the /dev/input/mice appears. The mouse works normally with all buttons and wheels
    > > acting normal.
    >
    > Then you just need to make sure that module is loaded properly, which
    > doesn't sound like a udev issue :)

    Then its a kernel problem.

    It works with the _same_ user space in 2.6.14-rc4-mm1 and fails with 15-rc1-mm2...
    This implies either something is broken in the kernel or udev is not doing its job with
    the new (input?) changes. Since I switched to udev this summer I have not had to load
    many modules certainly not mousedev.

    I'll do a bit of experimenting this weekend to see if I cannot figure out more about what is
    happening.

    Thanks for the help
    Ed

      Last update: 2005-11-19 04:27    [W:0.028 / U:30.880 seconds]