SubjectRe: [RFC] HOWTO do Linux kernel development
Greg,

> > Under 'Documentation', there is the text:
> >
> > When new features are added to the kernel, it is recommended
> > that new documentation files are also added which explain how
> > to use the feature.
> >
> > Could you also add something like:
> >
> > When a new feature changes the interface that the kernel
> > exposes to userland, it is recommended that you send
> > information or a man-pages patch explaining the change
> > to the manual pages maintainer at mtk-manpages@gmx.net.
>
> Do you want to start documenting the sysfs tree interface?

There should be a sysfs(5) man page. Unfortunately there is
not one yet. If someone wants to start one off...

> Do you have
> man pages for all of the kernel syscalls now?

All, no. Most, yes.

> Anyway, I'll add it, as it is better to error on the side of caution
> here.

Thanks.

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
maintainer of Linux man pages Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7

Want to help with man page maintenance? Grab the latest
tarball at ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux-local/manpages/
and grep the source files for 'FIXME'.