SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

> Jörn Engel wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 16 November 2005 19:45:08 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>>

>>> Jörn did some analysis regarding possible call paths > 3k.
>>>

>> And most of them have been changed since. Zlib remains high on the
>> list, but those paths are from /lib/inflate.c, during bootup.
>>
>> What remains to be analysed is the recursions. If someone seriously
>> wants to work on those, I can respin the tests. The process is not
>> fully automated, so it will take me a weekend (and this weekend is
>> scheduled for a party).
>>
>> Jörn
>>

> The SCSI layer needs to be checked. I reproduced another crash on
> today on an older Niksun box running off the end of the stack.
>
> Jeff

It's somewhere in the scanning code. There's a case where it runs off
the end of the stack. Check the compaq drivers for SATA as well, they
also crash in a similiar place during bus scan. Both occurred during
bootup, so I wasn't able to get a log of the particulars. Should be
easy to reproduce. Compaq Presario 2200.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-11-17 01:21    [W:0.089 / U:0.428 seconds]