SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

> Jörn Engel wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 November 2005 19:45:08 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>>> Jörn did some analysis regarding possible call paths > 3k.
>> And most of them have been changed since. Zlib remains high on the
>> list, but those paths are from /lib/inflate.c, during bootup.
>> What remains to be analysed is the recursions. If someone seriously
>> wants to work on those, I can respin the tests. The process is not
>> fully automated, so it will take me a weekend (and this weekend is
>> scheduled for a party).
>> Jörn
> The SCSI layer needs to be checked. I reproduced another crash on
> today on an older Niksun box running off the end of the stack.
> Jeff
It's somewhere in the scanning code. There's a case where it runs off
the end of the stack. Check the compaq drivers for SATA as well, they
also crash in a similiar place during bus scan. Both occurred during
bootup, so I wasn't able to get a log of the particulars. Should be
easy to reproduce. Compaq Presario 2200.

  Last update: 2005-11-17 01:21    [W:0.100 / U:5.352 seconds]