    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
    Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:

    > Jörn Engel wrote:
    >> On Wed, 16 November 2005 19:45:08 +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    >>> Jörn did some analysis regarding possible call paths > 3k.
    >> And most of them have been changed since. Zlib remains high on the
    >> list, but those paths are from /lib/inflate.c, during bootup.
    >> What remains to be analysed is the recursions. If someone seriously
    >> wants to work on those, I can respin the tests. The process is not
    >> fully automated, so it will take me a weekend (and this weekend is
    >> scheduled for a party).
    >> Jörn
    > The SCSI layer needs to be checked. I reproduced another crash on
    > today on an older Niksun box running off the end of the stack.
    > Jeff
    It's somewhere in the scanning code. There's a case where it runs off
    the end of the stack. Check the compaq drivers for SATA as well, they
    also crash in a similiar place during bus scan. Both occurred during
    bootup, so I wasn't able to get a log of the particulars. Should be
    easy to reproduce. Compaq Presario 2200.

      Last update: 2005-11-17 01:21    [W:0.020 / U:3.316 seconds]