SubjectRe: [RFC] HOWTO do Linux kernel development - take 2
Date
On Wednesday 16 November 2005 01:46, Coywolf Qi Hunt wrote:

> > > "UNIX Systems for Modern Architectures" is a good book about cpu
> > > caches.
> > >
> > > But it's hardly interesting for the average driver writer and even less
> > > a book about C programming.
> >
> > True, I've removed it now, thanks.
>
> Also why you have to mention those non-free books here? I don't read
> them and I live OK. There's plenty of free information one can always
> find on the net.
[snip]

Some people just prefer a hard copy (which obviously can't be produced for
nothing) instead of an on-line reference. I think google.com is already a
fairly obvious (almost instinctive) answer to any question these days.

Books vary in quality and comprehensiveness, recommendations are incredibly
useful for somebody faced with buying into a subject he has no real knowledge
of.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.