    SubjectRe: ADI Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14

    > > The process is like maintaining any other part of the kernel:
    > > - Try to make sure it works on all releases (harder to do with a full
    > > arch, I know, but not impossible.)
    >
    > Does this include all the rc releases? and the 2.6.14.x releases?
    >
    > > - keep it up to date with bugfixes and the such
    >
    > So the process is: when kernel release a new version, we should
    > update our arch related files to the new kernel, then send you the
    > patch. Am I right?

    well the idea is that you fix things BEFORE the kernel is released for
    final, so that the final releases work out of the box (well out of
    kernel.org). This implies that you sort of track the git tree on a
    regular basis, but at minimum look at the first -rc kernel.

      Last update: 2005-11-14 08:55    [W:2.889 / U:0.040 seconds]