SubjectHigh load levels - but not really
I have a strange problem on one of my spam filter servers. Programs like
top and xosview are showing very high load levels but I don't actually
believe the load levels are all that high. Levels have run up as high as
250 but the computer is still very responsive, not really sluggish at
all, memory usage is very low, and CPU on the xosview graphs look less
that 50% busy.

It is an ASUS motherboard with a dual core Athlon X2 and nVidia chipset.
I just installed 2.6.14.2 kernel to see if that would fix it and it
didn't. The computer works fine except that the load it's reporting is
10x what I think it really is.

Anyone else seen this?

  Last update: 2005-11-14 21:17    [W:0.041 / U:0.064 seconds]