SubjectRe: Severe VFS Performance Issues 2.6 with > 95000 directory entries
Nikita Danilov wrote:

>jmerkey writes:
> > Nikita Danilov wrote:

> > >Reiser4 works fine with 100M entries in a directory, so VFS is not a
> > >bottleneck here.
> > >

> > how about with ftp running on top? Try running FTP in directory with
> > 100M entries. See how long it takes to return the data to
> > the remote client for a dir listing.
>
>Why are you thinking that it is VFS that is causing performance
>degradation here?

Because I see the same degredation local vs. remote. My path for readdir
and lookup are short. I dynamically (via math) create
the file names on the fly and lookup simply reads a static table in
memory for inode number. One thing I can check are calls
to igetblk inside of lookup.

Jeff

> > Jeff
> >
> > >[...]
> > >

>Nikita.

  Last update: 2005-11-13 22:53    [W:0.597 / U:0.016 seconds]