    SubjectHow to quickly detect the mode change of a hard disk?

    I am currently doing a kernel module involves detecting/changing
    disk mode among STANDBY and ACTIVE/IDLE. I used ide_cmd_wait() to issue
    commands like WIN_IDLEIMMEDIATELY and WIN_STANDBYNOW1. The problem is, a
    drive in standby mode will automatically awake whenever a disk operation
    is requested and I need to know the mode change as soon as possible. (So I
    donot want to periodically use the WIN_CHECKPOWERMODE to detect it). I was
    wondering if the standby disk is waken by the kernel or by the disk
    firmware? If it is not in the kernel, is there any good way to detect it?

      Last update: 2005-11-12 18:49    [W:0.018 / U:11.800 seconds]