SubjectRe: latest mtd changes broke collie
Hi!

> > Is there easy way to get at linux-mtd CVS? Attached is my current
> > version of sharp.c; map_read32/map_write32 was deleted thanks to
> > Richard Purdue.
>
> http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/source.html has a reference to
> anoncvs.
>
> I'd really prefer not to see sharp.c revived -- it's supposed to be
> dying, in favour of the CFI chipset drivers and jedec_probe code.
> Can we try to work out what's wrong with those, instead?

This is quite hard to debug -- I do not even have serial console for
collie, and I know nothing about mtd.

Another issue is that collie is in pretty poor state -- it never
worked in mainline. Getting it working in mainline, even with
deprecated sharp.c driver, would bea big plus as I should get
users/testers at that point.

That said... I can certainly do few experiments. Switching map_name
from "sharp" to "cfi" should be theoretically enough to get new code
up?
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!