    SubjectRe: Serious IDE problem still present in 2.6.14
    I've been busy and have been a bit late responding to this.  In short,
    have a problem with disk performance on a HP Pavilion laptop in the
    2.6.1[34] kernels (it works fine under 2.6.12.x). I've summarized much
    of the tests I've run on in a post to linux-kernel and linux-ide (when
    we thought it was a problem in the ATIIXP module) at:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=112802950411697&w=2

    After working with Stefan for a bit, we determined that the problem is
    in the ACPI modules (in fact setting ACPI=ht at boot fixes it, although
    other things seem to break, as described below). Stefan suggested I
    repost the bug to the linux-kernel list, and so here it is.

    David