    SubjectRe: latest mtd changes broke collie
    Pavel Machek wrote:

    > With these hacks, I'm able to mount flash at least read-only. On
    > attempt to remount read-write, I get
    >
    > "Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x00bc0000: -30
    > Erase at 0x00c00000 failed immediately: -EROFS. Is the sector locked?"
    >
    > Is it good news?

    I see the old sharp driver has a normally-not-defined AUTOUNLOCK symbol
    that would enable some code to unlock blocks before writing/erasing
    (which isn't recommended since the code doesn't know the policy on
    whether the block is supposed to be locked). The tree previously in use
    may have had something similar setup. It seems these flashes have all
    blocks locked by default at power up.

    Try flash_unlock /dev/mtdX before remounting. More automatic means of
    handling this are still under debate, I need to try another stab at
    resolving that soon.

    Looks like you're close to obsoleting the pre-CFI Sharp flash driver,
    it's good news...

    --
    Todd