SubjectRe: [-mm patch] USB_LIBUSUAL shouldn't be user-visible
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:28:08 -0800, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:

> > What about letting the two drivers always use libusual?
>
> Pete? What do you think about this patch?

It does nothing to explain how exactly the current configuration managed
not to work, which leaves me unsatisfied. I did test the kernel to build
correctly with libusub on and off. All we have is this:

> It seems that libusual.ko is not being actually built as a module, despite being
> set to 'm' in .config.

Which is nonsensual, because CONFIG_USB_LIBUSUAL is a boolean.
And reub.net is down, so I cannot fetch the erroneous .config.

I suspect that Reuben did not rerun "make oldconfig" after editing
.config or something of that nature.

What Adrian is proposing may be a good idea or may be not, but it has
nothing to do with the problem.

-- Pete

  Last update: 2005-11-10 12:04    [W:0.680 / U:0.080 seconds]