SubjectRe: [PKT_SCHED]: Rework QoS and/or fair queueing configuration
On 02/11/05, Thomas Graf <tgraf@suug.ch> wrote:

> Make "QoS and/or fair queueing" have its own menu, it's too big to be
> inlined into "Network options". Remove the obsolete NET_QOS option.
> Automatically select NET_CLS if needed. Do the same for NET_ESTIMATOR
> but allow it to be selected manually for statistical purposes. Add
> comments to separate queueing from classification. Fix dependencies
> and ordering of classifiers. Improve descriptions/help texts and
> remove outdated pieces.

Thomas I think the timing ones can be improved slightly out of the
discussion at here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=112912015311659&w=2

I keep meaning to submit a patch but low on my todo list. Feel free to
do so if you wish or else I will get around to it one day. I know
Arnaldo has also mentioned ktimers for the future (which I haven't yet
read) which may help in this area as well.

Ian
--
Ian McDonald
http://wand.net.nz/~iam4