    SubjectUml left showstopper bugs for 2.6.14
    Here's a short and updated list of showstoppers for 2.6.14 release, from the
    UML point of view.

    It's all things for which we (me and Jeff) have fixes, we are just in the
    progress of cleaning them and/or in the queues.

    I initially read 2.6.14 ETA's was around October 7, when is it now?

    However, here we go with the showstoppers (mostly regression):

    1) problems with UBD (i.e. _the_ uml block driver): this is pretty dangerous
    and untrivial to fix, even if the code exists - so I and Jeff agreed to revert
    the change altogether. Jeff will send the thing.

    2) Someone broke endianness of COW driver macros in a header cleanup. I have

    3) SKAS0 is broken on amd64 hosts, when frame pointers are disabled. Jeff has
    the fix, waiting end of testing.

    4) SKAS0 is broken with GCC 3.2.3, and potentially other GCC releases - look
    at arch/um/include/sysdep-i386/stub.h: stub_syscall*() to see how. I have two
    fixes, choosing the safer one (it's all just simply reusing code from

    5) Compile-time regression with SKAS mode disabled, will fix later (I'm going
    to have dinner now).
    Inform me of my mistakes, so I can keep imitating Homer Simpson's "Doh!".
    Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade (Skype ID "PaoloGiarrusso", ICQ 215621894)

      Last update: 2005-10-09 21:26    [W:0.020 / U:5.360 seconds]