SubjectRe: what's next for the linux kernel?
On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 05:14:55PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net>
> Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 01:03:40 +0100
>
> > okay, people: any chance of calming / ending / moving this rather
> > distracting thread?
> >
> > davem - any chance of that LVML?
> >
> > anyone know where dave works who is willing to kick him before
> > everyone goes nuts?
>
> I still don't see any good reason to make a new mailing list.
>
> People argue here because they get a large audience. If we
> create a new mailing list, the vast majority of folks won't
> take these threads there because they'll get less of the attention
> they're after.

oh go on: i promise i'll even subscribe to it. and lots of other
people will, too [won't we, folks YEERRRRS there you go, dave, see?]

we want the _right_ kind of attention, and _you_ need somewhere to
kindly but firmly push the people who are a bit brighter than kernel
newbies but who still talk 19-to-the-dozen without posting a patch.

i wouldn't even mind if there was an auto-redirect of certain
subject lines duly noted "as of right now, all messages with
this subject are being auto-forwarded to LVML".

> Why don't we just kill off this silly thread instead? :-)

nothing would give me more delight than to see that happen.

pleaaase, dave: you could even set up a redirect of this subject line
to forward the messages to LVML instead.