SubjectRe: what's next for the linux kernel?
On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 01:23:18PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > rik, alan, i replied privately seeking your input on a post i was
> > developing in reply to your earlier comments
>
> > "PLEASE REVIEW" as part of the subject.
>
> I've got better things to do than saving you from yourself.
>
> I replied to your original email in an attempt to educate
> some of the other readers on the linux-kernel mailing list.
> Private email does not have this same benefit, so there
> was no reason for me to reply.

oh, right. okay.

i am disappointed by your response.

i will therefore, instead of soliciting your input _before_
sending to the LKLM, such that the quality of information sent
to the list is much higher, now need to go ahead without the
benefit of your advice, such that your input will be required
as a "fait accomplit" in order to educate other LKML readers,
with the unfortunate side-effect of an increased amount
of noise.

should you change your mind on this matter i would be honoured
to receive review comments prior to responding, which will
be in the next few days.

l.