SubjectRe: what's next for the linux kernel?
On Wed, Oct 05 2005, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> _therefore_, i invite people who do linux kernel development
> to think ahead - to take a _lead_ for once instead of waiting
> for hardware to drop into their laps, at which point it is once
> again too late, the hardware design decisions will have
> already been made by someone else, and you will be treated
> like second class citizens. again.

You seem to be suffering the same fate as other 'pocket visionaries'
with grand visions on this mailing list. The combination of 'listen to
this awesome idea' (*) and someone who hasn't contributed anything
interesting is not very good. Add a pinch (or more) of 'I know better'
and you've got a great cocktail for a lengthy and tiresome thread, but
not for anything productive.

Why is that so hard to understand? Succesful contributions start at the
technical level, always have.

(*) Such an idea is often described in great text detail, but is often
greatly lacking in technical detail.

--
Jens Axboe