    SubjectRe: what's next for the linux kernel?
    You can delete a directory entry to a file if you have proper
    permission to the directory.

    You cannot read or write the file if the file doesn't give you permission to.

    A hard link makes an additional directory entry to a certain file. You
    delete the directory entry to the file, not the file.

    And permissions are the same for all instances of the file.

    My 2 cents.

    --
    Bas Westerbaan
    http://blog.w-nz.com/