SubjectRe: Infinite interrupt loop, INTSTAT = 0
On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 10:45 +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> > But anyway, let's proceed on the theory that the array is having a hard
> > time. What I need you to do is lower the speed of the array target in
> > the aic bios. Unfortunately, the driver won't honour that setting at
> > the moment: I'll see if I can work up the code that will do it. The
> > attached patch will perform this artificially (for every device on every
> > aic79xx).
>
> The mounts worked with your patch. I'm going to start actually using
> the raid, that's going to tell us how stable it actually is. I have
> no problems with doing other tests.

OK, that sort of confirms the theory that there's a bad interaction at
u320. What I'll try to do is to implement the bios parameter routines
for the aic79xx and you can set it to u160 in the bios. Since I can't
test this, would you be a guinea pig when I come up with it?

James

  Last update: 2005-10-04 15:25    [W:0.041 / U:0.520 seconds]