SubjectRe: Any news on PATA support for Promise PDC 20375?
Arthur Cosma wrote:
> Please CC me only any reply to this message, as I am not a mailing list
> subscriber.
>
> This was my last resort, as all searches on the subject topic yield
> messages from 2004, many of which mention Jeff Garzik's name.
>
> After trying 2.6.13.2, I still don't get the PATA drives recognized, so I
> believe it's still not there yet.
>
> The question is, will it ever be, or has it been dropped?

I'm attaching the patch included in Gentoo's 2.6.13 kernels, which originally
came from Jeff's repo.

I asked Jeff about this patch previously, and his comment was:

> However, this patch in particular is safe and OK -- it just needs cleaning
> up before including in 2.6.13, and I haven't figured out how to clean it up
> yet. The port_flags[] array this patch adds is a hack.
>
> I need to separate the port settings from the host settings, which would be
> the proper fix.

So I guess the answer is just wait a while longer (and patch manually for now) :)

Daniel

  Last update: 2005-10-04 18:37    [W:0.074 / U:0.556 seconds]