SubjectRe: [git patches] 2.6.x libata updates
Date
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:34:34 -0600, Rob Landley wrote:

> On Monday 31 October 2005 03:13, David Lang wrote:
>>> I was thinking about doing thatn in hidden input fields and
>>> passing form back and forth. After all what real git bisect
>>> keeps locally are one bad commit ID and bunch of good commit
>>> IDs.
>>
>> if it's kept in a file or cookie then it can survive a reboot and other
>> distractions (remember that this process can take days if the problem
>> doesn't show up at boot). a cookie can hold a couple K worth of data, a
>> file has no size limit.
>
> Actually, lots of Linux browsers these days treats all cookies as session
> cookies for security reasons. So surviving a reboot still isn't guaranteed.
> But it's possible.
>
> You can also have 'em bookmark a URL...

Trac has a 'Session ID' key that stores something like a cookie,
except that it's serverside. Something halfway a cookie and an actual
login. The user can write down the session ID or just assign its own,
and the re-enter the session ID and all things are restored to the
settings he had chosen. Something like this, maybe?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

"I'm never quite so stupid
as when I'm being smart" --Linus van Pelt