    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] schedule obsolete OSS drivers for removal
    At Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:49:51 +0100,
    Adrian Bunk wrote:

    > > > If you have a real issue with the ALSA driver please submit a proper
    > > > bug report to the ALSA bug tracking system and tell me the bug number.
    > >
    > > Avoiding bloat is a real issue.
    >
    > OK, what is your plan to make ALSA non-bloated?

    The biggest part is the PCM middle layer. It's bold.
    It's one of my TODO list to diet this one, especially for small
    systems.

    The amount of ac97 codec support code may be easily reduced, too, by
    selecting codec chips to support. It's not a generic solution for
    distributions but good for private built kernels.

    Takashi

      Last update: 2005-10-31 12:12    [W:0.019 / U:1.612 seconds]