SubjectRe: 2.6.14-rt1 - xruns in a certain circumstance
On 10/31/05, Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 07:26 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > I'm going to do as Lee and Ingo suggest, now that I have a test
> > that seems to create xruns pretty qickly. Hopefully I'll capture
> > something of interest. However I'm questioning exactly what the video
> > problem would be since I don't create xruns when watching MythTV full
> > screen. Only get them when watching in this preview window. That said
> > it is an ATI PCI-Express card but since it's 2.6.14 there is no ATI
> > driver support. My kernel is currently trying to load fglrx (the ATI
> > driver) and failing since it doesn't support this kernel. I'll clean
> > up the video driver setup and retest.
>
> Please try my first suggestion, just set Option "NoAccel" to the Device
> section of your xorg.conf.
>
> Lee

Well, unfortuantely, after working along for quite a while with no
problems I ran into another rash of xruns:
13:30:42.524 Audio connection graph change.
subgraph starting at qjackctl-9003 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=17,
status = 0, state = Finished)
13:49:44.441 XRUN callback (1).
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1.575 msecs
subgraph starting at qjackctl-9003 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=17,
status = 0, state = Finished)
13:53:54.253 XRUN callback (2).
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.889 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 8.928 msecs
13:53:56.006 XRUN callback (1 skipped).
subgraph starting at qjackctl-9003 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=17,
status = 0, state = Finished)
13:58:39.856 XRUN callback (4).
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.669 msecs
subgraph starting at qjackctl-9003 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=17,
status = 0, state = Finished)
14:40:37.943 XRUN callback (5).
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1.056 msecs
subgraph starting at qjackctl-9003 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=17,
status = 0, state = Finished)
14:53:54.885 XRUN callback (6).
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.713 msecs
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 28.928 msecs
14:53:56.711 XRUN callback (1 skipped).

In this case I was not using MythTV. I was building some code as part
of an emerge world, playing some music off a 1394 drive, and chatting
on the Gentoo-ppc IRC.

It seems that my system is not there quite yet.

I took a quick look. If you get a chance where does the NoAccel option
go? Inside of the section for the radeon driver? I'm sure I can find
this online but won't have much of an opportunity for the next few
hours.

Cheers,
Mark

  Last update: 2005-11-01 00:24    [W:0.064 / U:0.524 seconds]