SubjectRe: New (now current development process)
On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 12:29:28AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Please don't. Even the two weeks are too short IMHO, because it is
> hard to digest so much code in such a short time and also it is not
> always easy for maintainers to hit such short time windows for sending
> patches.
>
> > I don't think anybody has been really unhappy with this approach? Hmm?
>
> The long freeze periods were nothing much happens are painful. It
> would be better to have some more overlap of merging and stabilizing
> (stable does that already kind of, but not enough)

I thought Andrew was accepting patches targeted at 2.6.n+1 into the
-mm tree during the freeze periods, yes? If so, why would it be a
case of "nothing much happens"? Nothing much might be happening in
Linus's git tree, but that doesn't that they can't be happening in
Andrew's -mm patchsets....

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-10-30 22:34    [W:0.135 / U:0.836 seconds]