    SubjectRe: what's next for the linux kernel?
    Allow me to apply Rusty's technique, if you will.

    Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can all you great kernel hackers, who only know a little bit
    > less than me and have only built a slightly less successful
    > kernel than I have, stop what you are doing and do it my way
    > instead?

    Hi Luke,

    Thanks for your concise and non-rambling letter that is actually
    readable - a true rarity on lkml these days.

    To answer your question: I think we would all be happy to examine
    your ideas when you can provide some real numbers and comparisions
    and actual technical arguments as to why they are better than the
    current scheme we have in Linux.

    Nick

    PS. I am disappointed not to have seen any references to XML in
    your proposal. May I suggest you adopt some kind of XML format
    for your message protocol?

      Last update: 2005-10-03 07:47    [W:0.019 / U:31.044 seconds]