    SubjectRe: Weirdness of "mount -o remount,rw" with write-protected floppy
    Rob Landley wrote:

    > But no, this one's clearly a kernel error. If the kernel is giving write
    > errors against the device afterwards, than the kernel's internal state
    > toggled successfully, which is all the mount syscall was trying to do. Mount
    > is just reporting whether or not the syscall succeeded, not whether or not it
    > should have. :)

    OK, so there are actually two separate bugs, it seems: one that
    remounting a RO media in the RW mode succeeds (this "works" for any RO
    media, as far as I can tell) and the second (this one is specific to the
    floppy driver only) that a further write to such a falsely rw-remounted
    media doesn't return (in the user space) an error.

      Last update: 2005-10-28 13:58    [W:0.029 / U:108.544 seconds]