    Subject2.6.14-ck1
    Date
    These are patches designed to improve system responsiveness and interactivity.
    It is configurable to any workload but the default ck* patch is aimed at the
    desktop and ck*-server is available with more emphasis on serverspace.

    Apply to 2.6.14
    http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.14/2.6.14-ck1/patch-2.6.14-ck1.bz2

    or server version
    http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.14/2.6.14-ck1/patch-2.6.14-ck1-server.bz2

    web:
    http://kernel.kolivas.org
    all patches:
    http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/
    Split patches available.

    Changes:

    Added:
    +adaptive-readahead-4.patch
    We Fengguang's adaptive readahead patch. Please test and report experiences -
    Wu has been cc'ed on this email, please keep him cc'ed for reports.

    +set_workqueue_nice-1.patch
    Add a function to set workqueue nice levels

    +dm-drop_kcryptd_prio.patch
    Use the above function to set kcryptd priority to nice 0 since kcryptd
    consumes massive amounts of cpu. This code is safe but I don't even know if
    it's successfully changing priority yet.

    Updated:
    ~2.6.14_to_staircase12.1.diff
    Rolled up staircase tweaks

    ~mm-swap_prefetch-18.patch
    Current version of swap prefetching. Stable!

    Full patchlist:
    2.6.14_to_staircase12.1.diff
    schedrange.diff
    schedbatch2.9.diff
    sched-iso3.2.patch
    smp-nice-support7.diff
    1g_lowmem1_i386.diff
    defaultcfq.diff
    isobatch_ionice2.diff
    rt_ionice.diff
    pdflush-tweaks.patch
    hz-default_values.patch
    hz-no250.patch
    vm-mapped.diff
    vm-lots_watermark.diff
    vm-background_scan-1.diff
    mm-swap_prefetch-18.patch
    set_workqueue_nice-1.patch
    dm-drop_kcryptd_prio.patch
    adaptive-readahead-4.patch
    2614ck1-version.diff

    Cheers,
    Con

      Last update: 2005-10-28 13:20    [W:0.020 / U:59.840 seconds]