    SubjectThe "best" value of HZ

    during the last years there has been a lot of discussion about the "best"
    value of HZ... On i386 was 100, then became 1000, and finally was set to 250.
    I'm thinking to do an evaluation of this parameter using different

    Has anybody thought to give the possibility to modify the value of HZ at boot
    time instead of at compile time ? This would allow to easily test different
    values on different machines and create a table containing the "best" value
    for each architecture... At this moment, instead, we have to recompile the
    kernel for each different value :(

    Do you think there would be much work to do that ?
    Do you think it would be a desired feature the knowledge of the best value for
    each architecture with more precision ?

      Last update: 2005-10-28 01:22    [W:0.293 / U:1.640 seconds]