SubjectRe: 4GB memory and Intel Dual-Core system
Date
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:17:01 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote
> Hi Dave,

> > > do you have any information about remapping support of the D945GNT
> > > motherboard from Intel.
> >
> > I've not come across an EM64T with that much RAM, so I've not had
> > reason to go looking.. Sorry.
>
> am I really the first person trying to use that board with 4 GB of
> RAM and an Intel Dual-Core with EM64T :(

Dude, again. This has nothing to do with the CPU. The arch IA32 is simply
_not_ made for 4GB, so, some motherboards manufacturers make a workaround like
Dave said, to Map such RAM. After all, that 0.6GB RAM will be used and
allocated for other resources. This is just how the arch works and I doubt it
will change.

Only thing that you can do is buy a new Mobo which might support Mapping for
the extra RAM.

There isn't really much that you can do.

.Alejandro

  Last update: 2005-10-28 00:22    [W:0.108 / U:0.060 seconds]