SubjectRe: Overruns are killing my recordings.
On 10/27/05, Patrick McFarland <diablod3@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 27 October 2005 03:12 pm, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been plagued by overruns, I know it's probably linux device
> > driver issues, but wanted to see if anyone could possibly help me find
> > the heart of the issue:
> >
> > I have ecasound output (at bottom) to show that it's getting
> > interrupted for up to 6 seconds, and all I really need to know is how
> > I figure out what the problem device driver is, so I can file a more
> > specific bug.
>
> I don't know if ecasound uses jack or not, but jack should be set to use
> realtime mode. Without realtime, kiss sane low latency auto-input/output
> goodbye.

ecasound utilizes jack if it's on, which I don't really need so I
don't run it, but it is taking advantage of SCHED_FIFO. But truely
this is not what I'm trying to get to. I have something in this
computer that is interrupting everything +/- 6 seconds and I'd like to
find out what it is, I'm really just not sure the best way to find out
what the 'offender' is.

thanks,
avuton