    SubjectRe: Overruns are killing my recordings.
    On 10/27/05, Patrick McFarland <diablod3@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Thursday 27 October 2005 03:12 pm, you wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I've been plagued by overruns, I know it's probably linux device
    > > driver issues, but wanted to see if anyone could possibly help me find
    > > the heart of the issue:
    > >
    > > I have ecasound output (at bottom) to show that it's getting
    > > interrupted for up to 6 seconds, and all I really need to know is how
    > > I figure out what the problem device driver is, so I can file a more
    > > specific bug.
    >
    > I don't know if ecasound uses jack or not, but jack should be set to use
    > realtime mode. Without realtime, kiss sane low latency auto-input/output
    > goodbye.

    ecasound utilizes jack if it's on, which I don't really need so I
    don't run it, but it is taking advantage of SCHED_FIFO. But truely
    this is not what I'm trying to get to. I have something in this
    computer that is interrupting everything +/- 6 seconds and I'd like to
    find out what it is, I'm really just not sure the best way to find out
    what the 'offender' is.

    thanks,
    avuton