SubjectRe: X unkillable in R state sometimes on startx , /proc/sysrq-trigger T output attached

> > > Box is a Dell Latitude C640 laptop, PIV@1.8Ghz,
> > > 1GB RAM, with a USR2210 802.11b wireless
> > > PC Card; video card is a Radeon 7500 M7 LW.
> > >

> > Your getting an X hang which is usually a DRM/AGP or X configuartion problems..
> >
> > Please send me your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log after a hang..
> >
> > did it work with any kernel before? and suddenly break recently?
>
> It's intermittent. It looks like more recent kernels have a tendency
> to trigger it more easily - in fact I just happened to have another
> occurrence, this time without even loading the acx driver, just
>
> 1. boot
> 2. login as non-root
> 3. startx
>
> but it works most times.
>
> I lied however - the keyboard is _not_ dead, despite not lighting
> the CapsLock led, and I can Alt-SysRQ-<x>.
>
> Luckily, I have both the current working Xorg.0.log and the one
> coming from the hang. I'm attaching both, and my xorg.conf.

Wierd it all looks okay to me (diffing the Xorg logs gives nothing
majorly different...)...

What desktop are you runnig on top of X? does it have any 3D or OpenGL
components in it?

if you just run X, does it always start to the X cursor without hanging..

Try disabling pre-empt also.. if you get a chance..

I've got the same chip on an evaluation card in my PC at the moment,
and I've been running the same X 6.8.2 on it for a while with no
issues on the latest kernels..

Dave.

  Last update: 2005-10-26 14:31    [W:0.559 / U:0.092 seconds]