    SubjectRe: what happened to page_mkwrite? - was: Re: page_mkwrite seems broken
    On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
    > On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 14:28 +0000, Hugh Dickins wrote:
    > > On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Hugh Dickins wrote in another thread:
    > > > Isn't this exactly what David Howells' page_mkwrite stuff in -mm's
    > > > add-page-becoming-writable-notification.patch is designed for?
    > > >
    > > > Though it looks a little broken to me as it stands (beyond the two
    > > > fixup patches already there). I've not found time to double-check
    >
    > What happened with page_mkwrite? It seems to have disappeared both from
    > -mm and generally from the face of the earth...

    page_mkwrite?? No, never heard of it round here, you must be mistaken ;)

    But seriously, Andrew dropped it from 2.6.13-rc5-mm1, for expedient reasons:
    - Dropped cachefs and the cachefs-for-AFS patches. These get in the way of
    memory management testing a bit, and they're being redone anyway.

    So Andrew's 2.6.13-rc4-mm1 directory should contain its last public state
    (by which time I'd fixed up those various things I'd found to be broken).

    But David may have redone a lot since then, I don't know: he's the one
    to ask. (And I'm afraid I've done my best to make the old patch not
    apply to current -mm.)

    Hugh

    > I am very interested in having such ability for ntfs...
    >
    > Is anyone still working on this? If not why not? Did it prove
    > impractical or ...?
    >
    > If no-one is working on this anymore, where do I find the last "current"
    > patch?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Anton

      Last update: 2005-10-24 17:40    [W:0.032 / U:60.784 seconds]