SubjectRe: Regarding RT patches
Date

Hi,

I would like to (hijack) add some (newbie) questions of my own to this thread, since it has a useful title.
I hope that's OK. :-)

If there is any source of info discussing these issues on the net already please feel free to point me to it.

1. I have seen that the testers have been carefully setting the priority of tasks so that a particular
application comes top, followed by 1 or 2 IRQs and then maybe a hard disk etc.
What is the effect of the RT patchset if the user takes no action to set the correct priority of their tasks?

2. Imagining that distribution X shipped with RT as configurable option defaulted to OFF, which users should
would be advised to enable it?

3. Imagining that distribution X shipped with RT as configurable option defaulted to ON, which users should
would be advised to disable it?

4. For completeness, that would leave certain classes of users for whom it was irrelevant/unclear whether they
should enable/disable RT. Those classes comprising who?

Thanks,
Felix

(I hope that nobody finds it necessary to turn this thread into a flamewar. Please? :-)

  Last update: 2005-10-21 15:03    [W:0.030 / U:0.456 seconds]