SubjectRe: what's next for the linux kernel?

[...]

> with me so far? :)

Yes, and getting more annoyed at your condescending tone with each
paragraph.

> and, what is the linux kernel?
>
> it's a daft, monolithic design that is suitable and faster on
> single-processor systems, and that design is going to look _really_
> outdated, really soon.

Andrew Tannenbaum said the same thing in the early 1990s. That we're
here still having this discussion >10 years later is telling. Dr.
Tannenbaum might have been acadmeically and theoretically correct,
but, with a nod to OS X, the Linux kernel has proven itself by
implementation and has proven to be remarkably adaptable.

Check back in ten years. Or just come back when you've completed
implementing all the beauteous features you're selling.

> in short, basically, if you follow and agree with the logic, the
> linux kernel - as maintained by linus - is far from complete.
>
> i therefore invite you to consider the following strategy:

And the e.e. cummings affectation is even *more* annoying than your
condescension.

Kurt
--
Blood flows down one leg and up the other.