SubjectRe: multiple independent keyboard kernel support
Hi Helga (et al),

I'm just back on this issue and am trying to make changes to the basic
xorg.conf without yet connecting the 2nd VGA,Kyb & mouse.

I thought if I set up a template for the config then it would be easier
to copy & make changes for when I connect the 2nd KVM devices.

I'm having a problem with the "Dev Phys" option as I keep getting:
(EE) Generic Keyboard: cannot register with evdev brain
No core keyboard.

(man xorg.conf does not show "Dev Phys" - should it not be "Device" ??

The real issue is that I cannot find the keyboard device in /dev/input
(Ubuntu 5.04 )
In /dev/input I only have 6 devices: event0, 1 and 2; mice, mouse0 and ts0

Are you able to tell me what parameter to put in this Option "Dev Phys" ?

TIA,
Zoltan

--

Geograph (Pty) Ltd