    SubjectRe: 2.6.14-rc4-rt7
    On 10/17/05, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
    > On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 12:21 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
    > > On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 18:05 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > > i have released the 2.6.14-rc4-rt7 tree, which can be downloaded from
    > > > the usual place:
    > > >
    > > > http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
    > > >
    > > > the biggest change is the merging of "ktimers next step", a'ka the
    > > > clockevents framework, from Thomas Gleixner. This is mostly a design
    > > > cleanup of the existing timekeeping, timer and HRT codebase. One
    > > > user-visible aspect is that the PIT timer is now available as a hres
    > > > source too - APIC-less systems will find this useful.
    > >
    > > Some feedback. It looks like the issues I was having are gone, no weird
    > > key repeats or screensaver activations __plus__ no problems so far with
    > > spurious warnings from Jack! Woohooo!!! (of course it may be that I
    > > start getting them as soon as I press send)
    >
    > It took some time but I got a couple of instances of keys repeating too
    > fast (it happened 3 or 4 times). Regretfully no BUG messages
    > in /var/log/messages this time...
    >
    > -- Fernando

    1) I managed to get through the whole day running Jack at 64/2 with no
    xruns. A first.

    2) I'm not clear about the latency Daniel reported. IS that the logout
    problem I'm seeing or something else.

    WRT the logout problem - after being logged in for a while the log out
    problem doesn't happen. It only happens if I log out relatively soon
    after logging in.

    Great work Ingo!

    - Mark

      Last update: 2005-10-18 03:52    [W:0.024 / U:88.280 seconds]