    SubjectRe: Some problems with
    Jesper Juhl [Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 10:22:22PM +0200]:
    > On 10/15/05, Nico Schottelius <> wrote:
    > [snip]
    > > Could we somehow debug this differently or do I have to install
    > > and, too? It would take simply hours until it is
    > > finished here.
    > >
    > If you have another, faster, machine available you could build the
    > kernel(s) on that one.

    Actually, one of my fastest machines is this one:

    bruehe2# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    model name : Pentium III (Katmai)
    cpu MHz : 551.280

    And one, which has a not-so-good connection to me.

    > You don't have to build a kernel on the same
    > machine that is later supposed to run it.

    That's clear :-)

    > Also, if you have more than one machine (even if they are not
    > especially fast) then you can use distcc ( to
    > distribute the build over multiple machines which can speed up a build
    > a great deal.

    distcc will fail here, because of different gccs and different distributions
    (ever tried to use gentoo and distcc in the same distcc-network? It's a real

    Thanks for the hints anyway,

    Latest project: cconfig (
    Open Source nutures open minds and free, creative developers.
      Last update: 2005-10-15 22:41    [W:0.040 / U:0.856 seconds]